Miami Foreclosure Defense Attorney Bruce Jacobs is a panel member at an upcoming seminar to teach attorneys how to properly defend foreclosure cases in Miami.
LawReview CLE, a nationally recognized program that hosts seminars across the country, will be hosting a seminar July 28 at the Hyatt Hotel in Coral Gables.
The seminar, which is designed for attorneys and other law professionals, focuses on the foreclosure crisis, including the predicted second wave of foreclosure filings experts believe are on the way. Jacobs will also teach attorneys how to help their clients avoid foreclosure, defend foreclosure and seek alternatives to foreclosure.
Mr. Jacobs has practiced law in Florida since 1997 and has been lead counsel in more than 50 trials throughout South Florida; he has handled many appeals. Starting his career as a prosecutor for the Miami-Dade County State Attorney’s Office, Mr. Jacobs has spent many years now dedicated to foreclosure defense, tax deed actions, landlord-tenant disputes and fraud cases. Before opening his own law firm, he headed up the foreclosure department of Camner, Lipsitz and Poller, P.A. in Coral Gables. He is an experienced foreclosure attorney who handles many Miami foreclosure cases.
Among the topics that are expected to be discussed at the seminar:
- Latest statistics on the foreclosure debacle and the emerging profile of a foreclosure candidate
- Why Lenders are resistant to loan modifications and why politicians just don’t get it
- Mortgage Securitization issues that affect a Lender’s standing to pursue foreclosure
- Current developments on federal programs and agreements with lenders to assist homeowners keep their home and avoid foreclosure
- Cutting edge litigation strategies to properly defend a foreclosure action from start to finish
- Overview of Federal lending laws and emerging foreclosure case law
- Alternatives to foreclosure
- An overview of the interrelationship between bankruptcy and foreclosure
- Ethical considerations and effective communication with your client
Mr. Jacobs will also talk with lawyers about the present state of the foreclosure crisis, mortgage securitization issues, understanding basic substantive law, client relations, judicial foreclosures, loan modifications, bankruptcy issues and ethics.
CLE stands for continuing legal education and the Florida Bar requires attorneys to continually gain education in their specific area of practice to stay up on the latest trends, court case rulings and rules for handling cases.
With Mr. Jacobs’ substantial experience fighting foreclosure cases, his membership of Max Garnder’s Army, a nationwide group of defense lawyers sharing strategies and information in real time, and the many homeowners he has helped using the law, he was asked to participate in this seminar to teach other attorneys throughout Florida.
If you’re battling foreclosure in Miami or the surrounding areas, contact Jacobs Keeley for a confidential appointment to discuss your rights. Call (305) 358-7991.